We are currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 fellowship year.
Please submit a cover letter, CV/resume, application and letters of recommendation by April 15th, 2017 per the instructions below.
If completing coursework, you may submit your transcript upon the award of your degree. We also recommend that you apply for your CA RN license now as it will expedite the NP licensing process.
- Masters or doctoral degree in nursing (current or pending) from an accredited program earned within the18 months preceding the start date.
- Current AHA CPR certification
- Current AHA ACLS certification
- Demonstrated excellence in scholarship, communication, leadership, problem resolution, and teaching.
- Graduation from an accredited AGACNP program in the previous 18 months prior to the start date.
- Current RN and NP licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- California furnishing license upon start
- ANCC or AANP certification as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner upon hire
- DEA license upon start
Any employment offer with UCSF is contingent on the following:
- Successful background check
- A health clearance through UCSF Occupational Health department
- A negative substance abuse screening test
- Verification of any documents required for the position
- Verification of identity and eligibility to work in the USA
- The completion of the new hire process, including all required paperwork
- Credentialing process via the UCSF Medical Staff Services Office
Please submit your application and supporting documentation no later than April 15th of the year you wish to begin your fellowship. We will interview a select number of applicants. If selected, you will be informed in June. Clinical rotations start in October due to CA licensing and UCSF credentialing requirements. The application deadline for clinical rotations starting in October 2017 is April 15, 2017.
How To Apply
Complete the Application
Click here to download the application. Please include a cover letter and/or personal statement with your application.
- Cover Letter
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation, one from each of the following:
- A professor
- A preceptor
- A former/current supervisor
Please submit your application and supporting documents to email@example.com.
A select number of applicants will be invited for a personal interview. Interviewees will be informed of their acceptance (or denial) in June. Your acceptance of the offer should be within two weeks of receipt.